Friday, July 7, 2017

July Power & Spark!


Hello Everyone!!  It's the first Friday of a new month and that means it's time for a brand new Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge!!  This month our lovely hostess is Ally and she's challenged you all to.....Copy a Bloomie!

What does that mean??  Find a card or project made by any member of the Power Poppy Bloom Brigade (look to the right side of my blog and under the Bloom Brigade pic for the list of names), and do your own take on it!  Easy right?!  AND - don't forget there is a $50 Shopping Spree to WIN!!  Find all the details on the Power Poppy Blog!

I chose TOSHA's beautiful card found HERE to copy!  I've used the same layout (different dies though still round) and her idea for seam binding (not something I use very often) and switched out the sequins for buttons.  I've used a very different colour palette because it's a cold, wet Winter day here in Australia and I felt like using some warmer hues to pretend it's a little warmer!!

I've used a base of cream and layered with apricot card and some Wild Rose Studio DP.  The panel is more cream and more Wild Rose Studio DP.  Around this I've added the seam binding and topped with a wooden heart button.  I've printed the DIGI image, Sunset Sway onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copic Markers.  I've cut this out with Pierced Circle Dies and while in the die, I've sponged some ink around the edges.  I've matted this with cream card cut with Stately Circles Dies and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I've added some round wooden and brown buttons.

Stamps - Sunset Sway (Power Poppy)
Ink - Printer
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Cream, Apricot, Wild Rose Studio Meadow Harvest DP
Accessories - Copics, ODBD Pierced Circles Dies, Spellbinders Stately Circles, Seam Binding, Buttons, X-press It Foam Tape

Don't miss all today's gorgeous creations, by checking out the POWER POPPY BLOG!


 

ALSO ~ a heads up about the delay in shipping of stamps and dies and excitingly there is 20% off DIGIS!!  Don't forget to use the code VACATIONDIGIS at the checkout!!


That's all from me today, hope you play along this month, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Kathy! This is a gorgeous card, and I love this precious image you've colored to perfection to work with this beautiful piece of DP! What a stunning card with the beautiful embellishments and a wonderful CASE of Tosh's card! I so love the ribbon with the wooden heart and buttons! Stunning card, and I saw a peek at that image on Instagram and was eager to see the whole card! Keep warm, sweet friend! We are having hot weather here in the States, but that's no comfort for you! Warm hugs! xoxo

Gab said...

Beautiful card Kathy - and fun challenge!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Kathy this is beautiful. I like the paper you used and the softness of the flowers on the kraft is wonderful. Beautiful case!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails