Friday, December 9, 2016

Power Poppy Friday!


Hello Everyone!!  It's time for another Power Poppy Friday and a chance to have a peek at some of the creations the Bloom Brigade have been making this week!!  I have another Teacher Journal for you today using Power Poppy's Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher digital stamp.  I particularly like the digi stamps for journals because you can enlarge them for a bigger journal and then shrink them for the matching card!  ;-)  This particular journal is for my daughter's yr 3 teacher.  Now because this is a 'Sweet Treat' (a gift for someone this festive season), it's also perfect for this month's Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge!!  Why don't you join us this month - you could win a Power Poppy Stamp Set of your choice!!

Today is the very last day of the Australia School Year and it's my middle child's last ever day of Primary School!  You look back and think where did that time go??  I can't believe he's off to High School next year!  (For all the American folks wondering, we don't have a Middle School here, just a middle school section at the High School - he's not a freak genius jumping several grades!)

I covered the journal withe some Kaisercraft paper from my stash, using a spiral punch for the side and sticking it down well with some X-press It High Tack Double Sided Tape.  Down the side is more Kaiserpaper matted with cream card and tied with some So Saffron ribbon.  I've printed the Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher digi image onto X-press It Blending Card and then coloured with Copics (G40, G43, G46, Y21, Y35, Y38, W1, W3, W5, B0000).  I've cut this out with Adorning Squares, matting with So Saffron cut with the larger of the dies and glued to the front.  To finish I die cut the initials in yellow and added a couple of chocolate coloured pearls to the top.

Here's the matching card I made - instead of putting the initials, I've used the sentiment from Bloomin' Wonderful clear set for the bottom.  I've also shrunk the image compared to the size of the one on the journal, but coloured it the same so it would match!  :)



Stamps - Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, So Saffron, Cream, Designer Paper from my stash
Ink - Printer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Adorning Squares, Alphabet Die, So Saffron Ribbon, Chocolate Pearls, X-press It High Tack Double Sided Tape

Why not check out what my other talented bloomies have been whipping up this week??!!
That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

5 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous creations!! Love the colors you used!

CherylQuilts said...

Kathy, this is such a beautiful gift for a teacher, and she is going to love this journal and the card! Beautiful coloring, as always, and I love the great colors and DP you've used! Stunning with all the wonderful details to your work. I love it...and so will ML! Hugs, sweet friend, and I hope you are feeling a little better...continuing to pray for you! xoxo

Patti Willey said...

I just this morning came across two I've made in the past! Must start doing this again! I enjoy writing down "stuff" and how fun to decorate them for the Season. Love love love your tulips! Oh and that pitcher, just love that digi!

Unknown said...

Beautiful gift set! LOVE your color palette, such fabulous colors! Loving your pitcher full of pretty posies!

Gab said...

Just love that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails