Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Mixed Media Confirmation


Hello Everyone!  Next month my son, along with eight other teens from our church will be celebrating their confirmation.  I've been asked to make confirmation cards with a red/white/black colour palette for each teen and I'm trying to make each one to suit the personality of the confirmee.  The very first one is for an 'arty' girl so I've gone with a mixed media theme and a 'grunge cross' that is now retired, but originally from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I don't usually do Mixed Media, but I was happy with the way this one turned out and I really hope she likes it.

It was a bit of trial and error making this card - I used a base of thick card and some Triple Tac to adhere scraps of paper and some printed scripture verses.  Over this I've added some gesso, dried that and then used a Burlap Stencil and some Impasto Medium to add a little texture.  I've stamped the Grunge Cross in the middle of the piece in StazOn and then started adding some colour with Gelatos, sponging some Memento Rhubarb Stalk through a Chicken Wire Stencil.  I've stamped the letters and die cut them adding some black pen to the edges and attaching as shown.  I've stamped the 'Confirmation' sentiment from Our Daily Bread Design's Confirmation set in Memento Gray Flannel.  I've then splattered a bit of white from a Molotow pen, some black water colour and added some black pen for accenting.  To finish I've stamped the Grunge Cross again and die cut it with the matching die (also retired) and popped it up on X-press It High Tack Foam Tape and then popped it onto the front of a folded piece of Cherry Cobbler topped with Black card.

Stamps - Grunge Cross (ret), Confirmation (ODBD)
Paper - Thick card, scraps, Cherry Cobbler, Black
Ink - StazOn, Memento Gray Flannel, Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories - Gesso, Impasto Medium, Gelatos, Molotow Paint Pen, Burlap and Chicken Wire Stencils, Black Watercolour paint, Grunge Cross Die, Black Brush Pen, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and a hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You'll be busy! This one is amazing and so perfect for the "arty" girl. Fantastic job on this! Wow!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what a fabulous artsy card for Bethany, and I know she will love it! And good for you for making cards for all these teens as they celebrate their confirmation. I know they will love each of theirs, and I can't wait to see how you've designed one for each of them. Hugs, sweet friend...yes, you will be a busy bee! Hehe! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails