Tuesday, March 29, 2016

JustRite Happy Chrysanthemums


Hello Everyone!!  I hope you've all had a lovely Easter!  It's starting to get cooler here as we head into Autumn, but really it's still pretty warm here (probably like Summer for many of my Northern Hemisphere friends) and the kids can still get in the pool over the school holidays!  :)  I didn't really have anything in mind except that I wanted to colour this Chrysanthemum  image and it kind of evolved into something resembling a country theme - I have to say blue and yellow together always makes me feel happy, so the finished card just makes me smile!  :)

I've used a base of Marina Mist and topped with white cut with Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles and a piece of Carta Bella DP.  Over this I've attached a strip of white and then wrapped a piece of green ribbon around all layers.  I've stamped the flower and sentiment from Chrysanthemums in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (Y21, Y35, Y38, YR23, G21, G24, G28).  This has been cut with Labels 28 and while still in the die I've added some B0000 Copic around the edges.  I've matted this with Marina Mist cut with Decorative Labels 28 and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a green bow and topped it with a yellow button tied with twine.

Stamps - Chrysanthemums (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Marina Mist, White, Carta Bella It's A Girl DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, JustRite Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles, Spellbinders Labels 28 and Decorative Labels 28, Green Ribbon, Bow Easy, Yellow Ribbon, Twine, X-press It Foam Tape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

2 comments:

Gab said...

So pretty and fun!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Kathy! This is gorgeous, and the color combination is fabulous! I love this simple bloom and your amazing coloring, and what a beautiful sentiment. I really love the B0000 around the edges, and this is definitely a favorite die shape. With the diagonal plaid and the stitched die, it's so lovely, and the finishing touches with the ribbon and button are perfect! I so love your cards and how beautifully they are made and finished! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails