Saturday, August 1, 2015

Power Poppy August Release Day!


Hello Everyone! Have you seen the sneak peeks over the last few days just waiting for Release Day to come around?  Well wait no more, the August Power Poppy Release - Color Me Grateful is now LIVE!!!  Today all three sets, Happy Crabapple, Well Played and So Grateful are ready to fly off the shelves........ which one is YOUR favourite???


Today I've used Happy Crabapple for my Hop Card!  This set features a clear stamp version of the Flowering Branches digi that was released a while ago but now is paired up with three small images and four sentiments!! I've used the small flower image - it's just so dainty and pretty!  I actually stamped the sentiment from Happy Crabapple first and then stamped the image four times around it and coloured them with Copics (RV00, RV32, RV34, RV66, G40, G43, G46, E21).  I've then cut it out with Small Circle Nestabilities and while still in the die, I've used my B0000 Copic to colour around the blooms - this will leave a nice crisp white edge that is still in the die.  I've matted this with pink cut with Marvelous Squares. The base of the card is pink, layered with white (pierced around the edge) and some Cherry Blossom DP.  Down the side is a piece of Botanical Tea DP with white ribbon over the top.  To finish I've added a bow and some rhinestones for a bit of sparkle!  :)

Stamps - Happy Crabapples (Power Poppy)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Pink, White, Kaisercraft Cherry Blossom DP, Graphic 45 Botanical Tea DP
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Small Circle Nestabilities and Marvelous Squares, White Ribbon, Bow Easy, Clear Rhinestones, Paper Piercer

The Bloomies have some amazing creations to show you today that you won't want to miss, so make sure you pop by and say hello!!
That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!!  :)

7 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Your card is very pretty. All of the sets are lovely. Not sure if I could choose one as my fav. LOL

Katie Sims said...

This is just as pretty as can be, Kathy! I love your bloom arrangement around the sentiment and your papers and die cuts frame your image and stunning Copic work beautifully! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what a beautiful card, and I just love these small images! Love how you've used them in the circle around the "be happy." So sweet with this beautiful DP, and the rhinestones and bow finish it perfectly...along with the great piercing! Don't you just love doing that? I sure do! Another beautiful card, and I'd be hard pressed to decide which is favorite. However, I do lean heavily toward flowers! Hugs!

Barb said...

Lovely card!

Gab said...

So pretty

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kathy! I adore how you have the blooms framing the sentiment. Beautiful coloring as always and perfect all around.

ChristineCreations said...

I just love what you did with the blossoms in this pattern Kathy! How beautiful it’s all pulled together too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails