Friday, August 28, 2015

Going Rustic!


Hello Everyone!  It's Day 5 of the Joy Clair release and today it's all about RUSTIC!  Rustic Christmas and Rustic Sentiments are coming your way - let me introduce you to the set I've used today - Rustic Occasions Sentiments!  This set is choc full of mix and match sentiments perfect for a range of occasions and in particular those dreaded Man Cards!  As you can see I chose the Father's Day sentiment which may be strange for some of you - but for Australians, we celebrate Father's Day on the first Saturday in September, so this was perfect timing for me!  :)

I've used a base of Baked Brown Sugar and layered with Kraft and two pieces of Botanical Tea DP.  Over the join I've attached a piece of ribbon topped with twine and a button.  I've added a small notched tag here as well.  I've taken the branch image from Rustic Occasions Sentiments and stamped them in Memento Bamboo Leaves in a circle.  I've then taken the pine cone stamps and stamped them in Rich Cocoa.  I've then stamped the sentiment from the same set also in Rich Cocoa ink.  I've cut this out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with green cut with Small Circle Nestabilities.  I've finished by adding a couple of buttons to the top corner.

Stamps - Rustic Occasions Sentiments (Joy Clair)
Paper - White, Baked Brown Sugar, Kraft, Green, Graphic 45 Botanical Tea DP
Ink - Memento Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Spellbinders Small and Large Circle Nestabilities, Green Ribbon, Twine, Buttons

There are more blogs with Rustic inspiration waiting for you so make sure you don't miss them!!

Joy Clair Blog Angela Barkhouse  Michele Kovack
Kathy Jones Darsie Bruno

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what a wonderful masculine card! Love the layout and the great DP, and what a great set! Hugs!

Gab said...

Great card ... and reminds me I need to make one too! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails