Saturday, January 24, 2015

Happy Australia Day Week-End!


Hello Everyone!  Have you noticed - Inspired to Stamp has had a bit of a makeover!  Now I can post larger pictures so you can see them a bit better and streamlined the blog so it's not so busy!!!  I'm busy enough as it is, my eyes don't need to be busy as well!!  :)  If you are looking for past design work and my favourite blogs to visit you can find the tabs up above, just under the banner.

So, now that I've given you an eye full of G'day Izzy, let's have a chat about that!  This stamp is by CandiBeans and I thought she'd be *PERFECT* for Australia Day!!  For those of you who don't know, Australia Day is on January 26th, so we have a lovely long week-end downunder to celebrate!  I'm kicking off the week-end with my own celebratory card!  If you know an Aussie, why not wish them a Happy Australia Day on Monday!  :)

Now, I actually made this card last week and created a tutorial showing how to texture the kangaroo on the Copic Oz Blog - you can find all those details and Copic Colours used HERE!  The rest of the details are pretty straight forward!

I've used a base of Old Olive and layered with white and some Kaisercraft Tea Party DP.  Down one side I've added a strip of Daffodil Delight punched with Woodland Branch border punch.  Follow the instructions at Copic Oz for stamping and colouring the image and cut her out with Spellbinders Labels Thirty-Nine die.  Mat this with Old Olive cut with Labels Forty Decorative Elements.  That's it!  Super quick and easy card that is also less expensive to post!

Stamps - G'day Izzy (CandiBeans)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, White, Kaisercraft Tea Party DP
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 39 and Labels 40 Decorative Elements, Woodland Branch Border Punch

That's all from me today and make sure you pop back from Tuesday as it's the Power Poppy February Release Week and you should see what the Bloomies have in store for you!!  :)  Thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is adorable Kathy.. And what fabulous colors and coloring.

Marisa said...

precious image and love the pointalism on the roo. Loving all the green too!

Gab said...

Love the new look blog - and that card is just adorable!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, the bigger picture is awesome and I can't wait to see more large size gorgeousness from you! This is just darling and your coloring is even better up close. Hope your Australia Day was a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails