Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Joey!


Hello Everyone!  Today's card is for my nephew who is turning 11!  Originally I was going to put 11 balloons on this card, but once I got started realised that might be a little bit of overkill!  :)  Obviously I've had to tone it down for a boy card, but I think he'll like it!  :)

I've used a base of Marina Mist and layered with white, Pistachio Pudding and Kaisercraft Tropicana DP.  Around this I've added a white cream and chocolate striped grosgrain ribbon.  I've then cut a piece of Pistachio Pudding using Spellbinders Tile Works and layered with Baja Breeze and X-press It Blending Card.  I've stamped the sentiment (3 separate stamps) from JustRite's Large Birthday Party Sentiments in Tuxedo Black and then coloured the word 'Birthday' with Copics (BG57, G43, Y26).  The balloons are from the same set and have been stamped in Teal Zeal, Bamboo Leaves and Rich Cocoa.  The Rich Cocoa Balloons were coloured with Copic Y26.  I've then glued and layered the balloons as shown and drawn in the strings with a 0.1 Copic Multiliner.  That's it!!  Pretty quick and tried to make it a little bit masculine!  :)

Stamps - Large Birthday Party Sentiments (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Marina Mist, White, Pistachio Pudding, Kaisercraft Tropicana DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Teal Zeal, Bamboo Leaves
Accessories - Copics, Grosgrain Ribbon, Copic Multiliner, Scissors, Glue, X-press It Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

Gab said...

Fantastic boy card! I bet he'll love it!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so well done. A perfect birthday card! Great colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails