Monday, January 27, 2014

Relaxing at the Beach


Hello Everyone!  My goodness it's been a long time since my last post!  Here in Australia, it's Summer, the kids are all on school holidays and to be honest, I've taken the time to kick back and relax while I can, not to mention enjoy Australia Day on January 26th.  The kids go back to school tomorrow and life will be back to its usual craziness.  :)

For those of you who missed it, I had a Copic Oz tutorial last Wednesday showing how I used the TIPS of my Copic markers to colour this wonderful image by Our Daily Bread Designs.  How perfect is this scene for our Summer (and of course Australia has some of the best beaches in the world!).  For my poor frozen Northern Hemisphere followers, I hope this scene is warming and reminds you that Summer will come for you soon.  For all the information on how I coloured this image, Copic numbers and technique, go to Copic Oz HERE!

For the actual card construction, I've used a base of folded white card and die cut using Resplendent Rectangles (over the fold).  Then I used the largest die (not both and therefore no holes) to cut a separate piece of aqua card and glued it over the folded base.  Then I used the two largest dies and cut another piece of white and glued it to the front - this shows the aqua through the holes.  Then I cut another piece of aqua using the smaller die, wrapped a couple of ribbons around it and glued that to the front.  The beach scene is from Our Daily Bread Designs called Happy Retirement and has been stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with Copics (see details HERE).  It's been die cut with Labels 29 and popped up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a bow and button.

Stamps - Happy Retirement (ODBD)
Paper - Xpress It Blending Card, White, Aqua 
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 29 and Resplendent Rectangles, White Satin and Organdy Blue Ribbons, Bow Easy, Button, Twine, Xpress It Glue Marker, Xpress It Clear Gel Glue.

That's all from me for now, I hope to be back to regular scheduling soon!  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails