Friday, February 22, 2013

Berry Sweet Birthday Blog Hop

Light the candles, cue the music and get ready for a little bit of birthday fun! It will SOON be a very special lady's birthday and so we rallied the troops to send some birthday wishes her way a little early! On Monday, February 25th, Jan Marie Caruso, the fearless and creative force behind Flourishes will be another year older -- what a wonderful thing to celebrate! So, we've asked Flourishes' designers from all of our teams to join us to help make this day super special with a......
Here's the scoop, there's a way YOU can help Jan celebrate and win some Flourishes stamps as well! HOW? We just love creative challenges here at Flourishes and so, why not usher in another one! All You need to do is create a Birthday Card........how easy is that??!!!  You can enter via the Mr Linky on the Flourishes Blog! One randomly drawn winner will get a $25 gift certificate to the Flourishes store, just for playing along. 


Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet friend, Jan Marie!!!  May you be blessed with a wonderful, fun filled day!!!  {{{BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!!}}}  

When I saw the inspiration picture, I firstly thought to use the Strawberries set but then I decided to step outside my box a little and was drawn to this sweet birdie image from Spring Is Sprung and thought it could be coloured up to match the colours in the inspiration picture.  I've used a pale aqua card cut with Resplendent Rectangles for my card front and topped with some Howdy Doody DP cut with the next die from Resplendent Rectangles.  I've stamped my birdie in Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured with Copics, and cut out with the next die from Resplendent Rectangles.  Around the last two panels I've attached some ribbon and glued it to the card front.  Over the ribbon I've added a pearl flourish and then some flowers and smaller pearl flourishes to the top.  To finish I've stamped the sentiment from Botanical Bookplates Vol 1 - I thought this was a lovely sentiment for a birthday!  :)  I've then cut it out with the window die from Flourishes' Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die Set and popped it up on foam tape.

One extra note? Jan may be the head of this company but one thing she doesn't get a ton of is happy mail from customers using her stamps? Let's change that for her birthday and flood her with some creative "love" by sending her your Berry Sweet Birthday Blog Hop creations! Here's her address so you can pop them in the mail!

Jan Marie Caruso

4140 Lyric Lane
Pensacola, FL 32514
USA

I know she would love to see "in real life" what beautiful work you all do and I know it would bring a huge smile to her face!  So, join us in singing her a special little birthday song! Be sure to check out all the fun and festive wishes and grab some great ideas for birthday cards along the way!
 

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Danielle Kennedy
Heather Jensen

Julie Koerber
Silke Ledlow
Stacy Morgan
Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Maki Jones
Aleksandra  Mihelič
Dina Kowal
Iwona Palamountain
Kathy Jones
Meredith MacRitchie
Sasha-Marie Holmes
Deborah Anton
Amanda Havon

Thanks for stopping by and helping us wish Jan Marie a wonderful and fabulous BIRTHDAY on Monday!

23 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kathy! I love all the borders you've used and the image is so pretty and you've colored it beautifully! Love it!
Aleksandra

Jo said...

Absolutely stunning card
http://craftyjoscardmaking.blogspot.com.au/

Mary Ann said...

OH MY!Beautiful card,Love the design of your card,the color,the coloring,it is just sooooo awesome...

Mojca said...

The shape of your card is so pretty and the colours just divine. hugs! Mojca

Becky said...

This stamp set is one of my favorites and you did a fabulous job show casing this set.

Sasha said...

Absolutely exquisite, Kathy. Love the dies and such a beautifully coloured image.

I can't wait for my 'Spring Is Sprung' set to arrive. Such a beautiful set of stamps xx

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers Kathy! Your card is so beautiful and detailed! I love the wonderful dies you used for your card shape and your little birdie is simply adorable! Jan's going to love it!

Marisa said...

Beautiful mix of frames and fabulously coloured image.

Dianne said...

Unbelievably beautiful wow its a stunner thanks so much for sharing...

Julie Koerber said...

Wow Kathy, beautiful doesn't even begin to cover this -- this is a work of art suitable for framing!!! Jan is going to gasp at the site of this one! :-)

Sparkly Engineer said...

The borders and colors of this card along with the image all come together to create a beautiful and elegant card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Kathy! I like the shapes and your soft springy coloring.

Heather Rogers said...

Oh my, Kathy! That bird is so sweet and the shaped card is beautiful! She will LOVE this for sure. :)

Hugs~

ChristineCreations said...

Stunning Kathy! Oh those dies look gorgeous! And this is still one of my favourite little bird stamps too!

Pauline said...

WOW Kathy, this is stunning! Love all the layers, and the bird is beautifully coloured. Love all your finishing touches!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy, my sweet friend...your card is GORGEOUS and so elegant!!!

flourishes said...

O, Kathy, my dear friend this card took my breath away. The image is one of my very favorites. I am so lucky to have you as part of the Flourishes family.
Hugs,
Jan Marie

Amanda said...

Kathy, WOW! I love this image fore Jan Marie's birthday card! You really made it look so perfect and soft looking. The colors and your coloring really make this card sing!

~ Amanda

Leslie Miller said...

So gorgeous, Kathy! I'm loving all your beautiful shaped cards. The ultimate in femininity! Happy birthday to Jan Marie!

Cindy Haffner said...

Such BEAUTY!!~

Sharon said...

Absolutely stunning Kathy! So pretty and feminine (my fav) and I just love the colour combination.

Sharon x

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Kathy! Love the beautiful image, the die cuts and the pearls! Hugs

Amy Martin said...

Gorgeous......The die you used was perfect. Love all of your details.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails