Friday, April 6, 2012

Grandma's Attic

Hello Eveyone and welcome to the final day of the JustRite April Release!!!  Today I'm showcasing a new Background stamp called Grandma's Attic!  Those of you who have been following my posts this week will remember I did a big post about my grandparents - what I didn't mention then is that my Grandma was a Dressmaker for about 70yrs!  She started sewing when she was about 15yrs old and I think she was near 85yrs when she made her last bridal gown!!  I tell you, my Grandma is the most amazing woman!!  :)  Anyway, needless to say this background stamp spoke volumes to me and what better than to add the 'Grandma' sentiment from Vintage Rose Medallions also released this week!!  :)

This is a super easy card to make, a base of Very Vanilla, layered with Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and more Very Vanilla stamped with Grandma's Attic.  I've very lightly coloured elements of the background in YG61, YG63 and YG67 Copic Markers.  Down the left side I've attached some green satin ribbon and topped it with some cream lace.  The sentiment is from Vintage Rose Medallions, made into a notched tag and secured with a blossom (which was a spare white one on my desk that I airbrushed with E53 Copic to match) made with Bitty Blossom Shapeabilities and leaves made with Foliage Shapeabilities.

Stamps - Grandma's Attic, Vintage Rose Medallions (JustRite)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Chocolate chip
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Copics, Bitty Blossom and Foliage Shapeabilities, Green Satin Ribbon, Cream Lace, Scissors.

Don't miss this other fabulous creations made by the team today......
JustRite Inspiration
Sharon Harnist
Kazan Clark
Michele Kovack
Linda Duke
Kathy Jones
Angela Barkhouse
Heidi Blankenship
Eva Dobilas
Darsie Bruno
Barb Schram
Debbie Olson

That's all for today, thanks for visiting and enjoy the hop!!!  :)

9 comments:

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous card! Love the new stamp too!

Marisa said...

I think your grandmother would love this card based on what you told us about her! Simply amazing to be making a wedding dress at 85!! Love the colours and that flower is gorgeous. Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend ((hugs))

Anita Braddock said...

Gorgeous card this is so cool. love the vintage look love the rose it adds that wow factor. thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kathy Does vintage - and so beautifully too! Love this stamp - I am sure your Grandmother would love this card - Grandmothers are very special people! Beautiful card Kathy! {{{hugs}}}

Leta said...

Beautiful card..I love how proud you are of your grandma...just from your little story I agree it matches her to a tee...Happy Easter

Leigh said...

Love this card and also the background stamp. Will see you in June Kathy.

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous...love your blog and go into it each day...cheers and hugs, annie NSW

Edna Morrisedie said...

I see many possibilities with this BG stamp, nice for those who can sew, and has a nice touch of vintage... you chose the right colour scheme for your card!

Gab said...

Gorgeous card Kathy and what a cool stamp too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails