Friday, March 11, 2011

A Little Note!

Hello Everyone!!  Today I was inspired by Iwona's Case Study challenge!  I really liked Julee's layout and colours, although I have modified mine a little.  :)  This also gave me the opportunity to play with the new JustRite Charmed cling stamps and matching Charm Dies!!!  YAY!!!  :)  These tags are so easy to create and perfect to add accents to your projects or just to add a little something to a treat bag or box!!  :)

The first thing I did was find the paper I wanted to use and built the card from there.  I decided to use some of the new My Mind's Eye Hattie Collection which now comes in 6 x 6 Paper Pads! {love}.  Then I had to find something to match it, LOL!  I managed to dig around and located some Baja Breeze which seems a great match, along with some Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla.  The horizontal panel has been punched with the MS Deco Fan Punch, added a little Swiss Dots embossing and a splash of ivory lace that my sweet friend Lori sent me!!  Over the top of the vertical panel I added some May Arts satin ribbon and created a bow.  I then stamped the Heart from the Charmed stamp set in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with the matching Heart die from the Charm Die Set.
I then stamped it again in Celadon Versacolor ink and cut out the middle with Small Circle Nestabilities and popped it up on foam tape.  I tied some gold cord through the top of my charm tag and attached it to a button (also care of my friend Lori!) and adhered with a glue dot!

Stamps - Charmed (JustRite)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, MME Hattie Collection DP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Celadon Versacolor
Accessories - Charm Dies (JR), MS Deco Fan Punch, Swiss Dots EF, Ivory Lace, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Button, Gold Cord, Chocolate Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, hope you are inspired to stamp and thanks for visiting!!  :)

22 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Beautiful card Kathy, glad you finally got those charms and stamps, you make them look lovely.

Have a great weekend!

Beate said...

Stunning card, Kathy! LOVE everything about it.
Hugs and smiles

Stampvanwinkle said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I love all the embellishments. Well done.

Hugs and Blessings,
Deb

Kristin said...

This card is Gorgeous! I love the bow and the tags are adorable (I'll have to get them...) Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog today!

Grace said...

Hi Kathy! So good to see you this am!!! LOVE your case study card! I knew the instant I opened it what it was for! LOVE the yummy colors and those little JR charms are fabby! Hope all is well with you and yours!! Miss ya!!!
hugs,
Grace

Edna Morrisedie said...

Coolio, I like the hanging heart, very funky!

Marisa said...

Love the case :) Great touch with the hanging heart pendant.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello sweet Kathy, it is such a joy to see this gorgeous creations of yours this morning...just what I needed!! I hope all is well! Hugs, Sabrina

Judy I, St. Louis MO USA said...

Lovely card as always. Love those new charms. Hope the tsunami didn't do too much damage to you and your family. Your part of the world has certainly been pounded lately.

Danni said...

Beautiful! Love the big bow/pretty ribbon..

Leigh said...

Lovely card Kathy. Those little charms look gorgeous.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, great layout and I like the heart pendant look.

Denise Marzec said...

Wow!!! Love that ribbon treatment with the cord and heart die. Awesome looking card!

Tasha said...

Oh this is so sophisticated and elegant, i love the colours and fab dp
love tasha xx

velta said...

Kathy this is just beautiful...I love that gold silk ribbon and of course the tag! TFS!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Kathy!! I just love the heart shaped sentiment and your beautiful design!! Great colors and choices of dp. Your bow is perfect!
hugs,
Chris

I hope things are slowing down a bit for you. You have been in my thoughts.

Kerrie said...

Stunning.... look at that bow, its to die for!

Gab said...

What a pretty card. TFS

Cristina said...

This is beautiful! I love that DP, and your bow is extraordinary. So glad you played along with us at CASE Study this week!

Sharon said...

Love this colour scheme and the papers Kathy. That bow is just gorgeous!

Sharon x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

It truly is a beauty, Kathy! I love your style, it's flawless... *happy sigh*
Thanks again for playing! {mwah}

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win at CASE! Such a fab card, just love those stamps & matching dies (do I sound jealous?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails