Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fairy Birthday


Hello Everyone!  Today is the Inspiration Challenge at SCS and we had a Barbie theme!!  There are so many Barbies to choose from, in the end I chose Elina Barbie - a fairy Barbie Doll and thought this darling fairy by JustRite would be perfect!  :) 

The base is pink bazzill and layered with white and some MME paper.  I did a bit of wavy sewing around the edges.  On top of that I used the reverse side of the paper to add another panel and added a strip of pink bazzill across it that I punched with the MS Floral Edge Punch and then added some white satin ribbon over the top.  I stamped the fairy from Garden Fairy Seeds in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured her with Copics (E000, E01, R20, G21, G24, G12, Y21, Y35, R81, R83, R85, R89, E31, E33, E35).  I cut her out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with pink cut with Eyelet Circle Nestabilities.  Next I stamped part of the sentiment from Garden Fairy Wishes and cut it out using Nested Sentiment Dies – made by Spellbinders and exclusive to JustRite Stampers – and added it to the bottom of the circle.  To finish I added some clear rhinestones to the corners, a bow to the ribbon and some Polar White Flower Soft to the dandelion to add a little texture!

Stamps – Garden Fairy Seeds, Garden Fairy Wishes (JustRite)
Paper – X-press It Blending Card, Pink and White Bazzill, MME Quite Contrary DP
Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories – Copics, Large Circle and Eyelet Circle Nestabilities, Nested Sentiment Dies, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Polar White Flower Soft, Clear Rhinestones, Sewing Machine.

That’s all for today, thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Coolio job with the Fairy, I played with my Fairies today, they are very pretty! I like the paper combo too!

velta said...

Hi Kathy!!! This is soo adorable! I love your coloring...as always, perfect! The design makes the image and the embellies and paper really add to this beautiful creation. I hope your weather is cooperating...your last 3 posts are jaw dropping :)

Kerrie said...

Hi Kathy, gorgeous card... when my girls were little, they just loved dressing us as a fairy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails