Friday, July 24, 2009

Dare to Get Dirty Begins!!!!

It's Dare to Get Dirty week over at SCS - if you're a fan club member come on and join the fun!!! :) All the details can be found HERE! I'm a little late off the mark and I've started by combining 3 of the challenges because I've been very ill this week beginning with a bad asthma attack Wednesday and then spending most of Thursday unconscious thanks to a severe migraine. Normally I would try not to combine challenges but I really don't want to push my already fragile head. Soooooo, I've combined Becca's, One Happy Stamper's and KrystieLee's challenges.

I started with a base of Tangerine Tango, layered with Very Vanilla and then some of this yummy Bloom & Grow paper from My Mind's Eye! It's actually 2 sheets from the same range. I stamped the image from JustRite's brand new Friendship Set in Close to Cocoa on Very Vanilla and coloured with markers and a blender pen and cut it out with the Large Circle Nestabilities and popped it up with foam tape. Then I cut a piece of Tangerine Tango with the Small Circle Nestabilities to mat it with. Then I stamped half the border from the same stamp set in Close to Cocoa on some Teal coloured Bazzill and cut it out with Large Octogons and matted with some Tangerine Tango cut with the Large Scalloped Octogons. I've added some clear large Dew Drops and some light cream 1/2" satin ribbon through the middle. I finished off by adding a large satin bow made from the 1" matching satin ribbon using the Bow-Easy. I have to say I am LOVING this new tool - perfect bows everytime!!! :)

Stamps - Friendship Set (JustRite)

Paper - Bloom & Grow (MME), Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Teal coloured Bazzill

Ink - Close to Cocoa

Accessories - Large Circle Nestabilities, Small Circle Nestabilities, Large Octogon Nestabilties, Large Scalloped Octogon Nestabilities, Clear Dew Drops, 1/2" Light Cream Satin ribbon, 1" Light Cream Satin Ribbon, Bow-Easy, Foam tape.

Well that's 3 challenges down 5 to go......or until at least tomorrow when more a posted!!! :) That's all for today, thanks for visiting!! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! Glad your feeling a bit better today!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear that you have been so SICK - you poor thing!! I will pray for you my friend! Love your card - seems you can produce stunning work under any circumstances - you are amazing! Love the colours - they are great! God bless you Kathy - I will be in touch! {{{hugs}}}

A Consuming Passion said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick Kathy and hope now the week-end is here you get some R and R!
Love your card the dp is very pretty and your stamping as always perfect!

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Kathy!! Love how you added the sentiment around the image!!

So glad that you are feeling better too!!

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, I am glad you are feeling better!!! And, it is okay to combine challenges!!! This card is fabulous!!! Wonderful design and love that bow!!! Lovely card!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

You made this beauty while you were sidk? I'm impressed!! I love this card, great job combining the challenges. I hope you are feeling better soon, a sick mommy is NOT fun!! Hugs and have a great weekend!

Renee said...

Kathy this is so pretty! What gorgeous colors!

Danni said...

Hope you feel better! I have a horrible headache today too..ugh!
Anyhoo, your card is so pretty! wonderful job!

Marg said...

Lovely card Kathy!

I can't tie bows to save myself - I usually end up having to get my sister to make them!

Edna Morrisedie said...

It sucks being at work again on a Saturday but at least I can take 60 seconds to check yr blog, great colours on this littel creation.... enjoy the challenges I will try to join in tonight or tomorrow, ciao!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Kathy - sorry you were not feeling well!!! Glad to see you are doing better today!!!

Your card is gorgeous!!!Isn't the bow easy the best..LOL...love this product too!!! Hugs ~S~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails