Friday, April 24, 2009

WSC77 Another Man Card...

*SIGH* Yes, it's yet ANOTHER man card!! I am seriously going into pearl withdrawal!! This card is for my Father-in-law whose birthday is next week and I think this is the last masculine card I need to make for a little while!!!
This time I've use this week's Weekend Sketch Challenge - I am very late and missed out on having it done in time for the prize, but it's been a rough week.
Once again, being a masculine card I've gone with earthy colours, starting with a base of cream, layering with Chocolate Chip, some green bazzill and some striped Kaisercraft paper from their 'Cafe Culture' range. The image is from SU's 'For Father' set, coloured with markers and a blender pen and sponged the edges with some Close to Cocoa, matting it with green and Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is from SU's 'Short and Sweet', stamped in Always Artichoke and matted on more Chocolate Chip. Finished off by adding some copper brads to the corners.
Many thanks to all those who have been concerned for my son. It turns out he had quickly developed a lung infection which was triggering the asthma. He has been on anti-biotics, a steroid to strengthen the lung and a preventer for the asthma. Thankfully he is now off the steroid and the doctor is very happy with his progress. We had further drama on Tuesday night where the same son had a bit of an accident (I won't go into details) which required us to be in the ER at the hospital for most of the night! He has since recovered from this as well. Needless to say I have been very tired and busy with family this week. I hope to be back creating more regularly!!! It has been exciting to see so many new people lately, I appreciate you visiting and especially those who leave such lovely encouraging comments!!! :)
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

3 comments:

jhet said...

Hello Kathy! Glad to hear your son's okay now. I will be thinking of him and pray that his recovery will be continuous.

Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing this wonderful masculine card. Sometimes it's a bit struggle to make one. =)

Hugs,
Jhet

Anonymous said...

Aww Kathy - I am so sorry to hear that your poor little man has been through so much this week I am sorry that it has been so tough for you! We will keep you in prayer - great to see your 'man' cards - you do them so well!! God bless you
Lovely Linda

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm so sorry you and your son have had such a rough time! Hope he's doing well now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails